Social Media/Marketing/Graphic Design student
The Center for Leadership and Service is seeking a student to develop, create, and organize marketing materials and social media tools for the department.
There is a 10 hrs/week (must have Federal Work Study) time commitment for a full semester (minimum), preferably a full academic year.
Students will work out of the Center for Leadership and Service office in 301 Peabody Hall.
Description: The Marketing Student Assistant will work independently, under the supervision of the Executive Director, to develop a marketing campaign for the Center. The Student Assistant will learn about our programs and the work that we do on campus and in the community to create a marketing campaign that will help attract students to our office and help enhance student’s commitment to service and leadership in the community. This position is ideal for anyone interested in using their creativity to get experience in marketing and branding within a state University department.
Duties: The Marketing Student Assistant will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Develop a list of marketing outlets to utilize for all programs and events.
- Update and organize the CLS’s marketing files on current and past projects.
- Create press releases for large events held through our department.
- Update and maintain our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Develop other social media outlets as necessary.
- Assist in the creation and streamlining of all printed materials.
- Update and archive our “In the News” section of their Web site to advertise the work they do on campus.
- Assist in the development of our website content.
- Strong writing, communication, and computer skills are required.
- Experience in graphic design a plus with knowledge of Photoshop.
- Ability to work independently, with little guidance from staff members. A strong commitment to service and the mission of our office is preferred.
Note: This is a Federal Work Study position. If you seek credit for a class, they can sign off on the necessary paperwork.
Further Information: If you need further information please contact email@example.com. To apply for the position send your resume and previous experience with marketing to firstname.lastname@example.org.