Graduate Assistant Position Open
Student Activities and Involvement is searching for a Graduate Assistant to help with advertising and marketing. The Marketing Graduate Assistant is a paraprofessional staff member and will report directly with the program coordinator for Student Activities and Involvement. The Graduate Assistant will coordinate and monitor the marketing efforts for the department working with both full-time staff and student leaders.
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week, with additional time required during peak periods such as the beginning and end of each semester.
Contract Dates: August 8, 2012 – May 10, 2013
Remuneration: Salary includes tuition for up to nine (9) credit hours per semester and $10,000 per year. NOTE: Florida is one of the few states without a state income tax.
Basic Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain a comprehensive marketing program for the Department of Student Activities and Involvement to support
- Monitor the Student Activities and Involvement web site and all social media efforts for the Department.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Represent the Department at University functions, including orientation programs and information fairs.
- Serve on University committees as requested.
- Assist in the staffing and management of major campus events including but not limited to major concerts
- Participate in event staffing throughout the year
- Participate in ongoing evaluation to assess your growth and development
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, marking, public relations, or a related field is preferred; currently enrolled in a graduate program in Advertising, Journalism, Marketing, Business, Public Relations or a related field; proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-development software; demonstrated communication, organizational and leadership skills; commitment to customer service and effective interpersonal communication skills; experience with graphic design, web design, editing and producing marketing tools is recommended.
Email or mail a resume, cover letter, and list of three references to:
J. Wayne Reitz Union
PO Box 118505
Gainesville, FL 32611
Student Activities and Involvement is a unit within the Division of Student Affairs. The department is responsible for co-curricular programs and services that augment the educational experience for students. The department encompasses social sororities and fraternities; student organization registration and support; advisement of Student Government; campus programming and events; travel and recreational programs; and event management and program planning support.